Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 6

With only two days remaining, I entered into today very confidently.  Maybe a little too confident.  I figured that if I managed through tomatoes and protein all day, that veggies and protein would be a piece of cake.  Of the 6 days so far, this one was my most challenging.  It wasn't that I didn't have enough to eat or that I didn't have a variety in my meals.  Today was the day I wanted everything else.

I'm going to venture to say there were several contributing factors to the "toughness" of today.  First, I was home all day.  Days 1-5 I had to get up and go to work.  I had all the food I was going to eat in front of me.  I didn't have an option of encountering other foods.  Every time I open the fridge at home, I saw something that I wanted eat.  Now mind you, it wan't even that I craved crappy food.  I wanted the chobani yogurt or the cheese stick.  Of course when I opened the pantry and say the ever so delicious chocolate oreos, I had to pull my arm away from the package and walk away.  But that wasn't what I was craving.  I was craving good foods, just not anything I was suppose to have today.

A second contributing factor that I had was the annual neighborhood block party.  The food was tempting and the grilled smelled delicious.  I could have licked the actual grate, but I probably would have destroyed my tongue and the neighbors would most likely talk about me in a not so favorable fashion.  How was this any different from the day before at my friend's end of the year BBQ?  Well, there I didn't have to explain myself to the guest.  They were all my friends and knew I was doing this crazy experiment.  I didn't want to explain myself at the block party.  No one needs to hear that story (Says the girl writing a blog about her diet!).  I was asked to be in the annual pie eating contest and my neighbor insisted that it was only a small slice of pie and it was fun, my reply was lamely, "I really don't feel like it, but maybe next year."  Really?  Maybe next year??  I should have been better prepared with a response.  Lesson learned.
tofu noodles and veggies

lettuce wraps
But I made it.  I didn't cheat.  I did take 2 bites of a burger, no cheese or bun.  Figured that counted as protein, but actually felt guilt and didn't finish it.  It was cold too, so not quite worth it.  I did make some yummy dished though.  For breakfast I made a veggie and egg white omelet.  Added hot sauce.  Yup, again with the hot sauce.  Lunch - I used tofu noodles as my protein and added a ton of veggies and a quick tomato sauce.  I did leave the block party for dinner.  I made the yummiest lettuce wraps.  Just grilled up the chicken and added a spoonful of salsa.  I can't wait to make those again.

One day to go.  9 pounds down.  The end is in sight.

xoxo -k.

2 comments:

  1. So I guess dairy didn't count as your protein? Chobanis have a ton of protein. It is amazing how once you give up stuff you only miss it for so long. And once you try to add it back, it just doesnt taste goid anymore . I gave up dairy due to lactose interance and have never felt better! I think meat is next.
    Where did you find tofu noodles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... you've officially inspired me. I start this diet tomorrow. I've got a friend doing it with me, and we're so ready. I'll be spending the next 2 hours cutting up fruits & veggies and making cabbage soup! Great job, Kelly! You must be so psyched!

    ReplyDelete