Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 4

Bananas, lots of bananas.  Though the thought of this day made me cringe, it actually wasn't so bad.  Along with up to 8 bananas today, I was able to have 24 oz of skim milk.  And of course, the amount of cabbage soup was unlimited.  Manageable.  At this point I know I'm half way through and my will power is better than I thought it would be.  I'm not going to screw this up now.  The scales shows a 5 pound lose as of this morning.  I'll take it.

Breakfast consisted of a banana, 8 oz of milk and a few ice cubes thrown in the blender to make a smoothie.  Exactly what I wanted.  Before this diet, I was making a protein shake every morning.  I love them.  So with this banana smoothie, I felt like I was back to my old routine.  Then about an hour or two later, I had a banana.  Lunch - 2 bananas.  Now I was at the Wadsworth Atheneum for an all day professional development, so cabbage soup really wasn't a lunch option.  Got home from PD and you'll never guess what I had.  Yup, a banana.  I added a cold 8 oz. glass of skim milk with it though - for a little something different.

just in case you needed a visual of a banana
Dinner was welcomed with a warm bowl of cabbage soup.  Added the hot sauce for flavor.  I might be obsessed with the hot sauce... I seem to add it to everything.  I didn't eat a lot of it though.  Didn't really want to.  And dessert, you guessed it, banana #6 and the final 8 oz of skim milk.  I did have this great idea to freeze a banana and eat that for dessert... thinking I'd at least change the texture.  But, being the genius that I am, I didn't peel the banana before freezing it.  Yes, I apparently thought the skin would simply peel right off.  Mmmhhmmm. Brilliant.  Side effect of this diet is apparently you turn into an idiot.  Awesome.

Overall, I wasn't hungry today.  The bananas were filling and it wasn't very hard at all.  I liked having milk as a change.  I still ended up drinking 48 ounces of water along with the 24 ounces of milk.  But it all was manageable.  I do wish I had a toothbrush throughout today though.  That many bananas gives that "sweater on your teeth" feeling.  You know what I'm talking about.  I could have done without that.

So, I'm official halfway through this diet.  Tomorrow I get to eat protein!  Downside of tomorrow, the only other thing I can eat is 6-8 tomatoes and of course, cabbage soup.

xoxo -k.

7 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    You have amazing will-power and are truly inspiring!
    Good luck,
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life Lesson learned... peel banana then freeze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I'm here, Tom... to teach life lessons. ;)

      Delete
  3. I too froze some bananas once with the peels still intact thinking they would be a nice easy treat for Duke. Cut to a few hours later with me trying to frantically pry the frozen peel off with a knife with a drooling anxious dog next to me.....we all learn the hard way!! Your blog is great...you're almost making me want to give this diet a go. Keep inspiring!! Good luck tomorrow - hope you like tomatoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had the same problem with bananas this week. Made sense at the time! Great blog! While I have no desire to do this diet, I love reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the sweater on the teeth feeling. That is a distinct feeling!! Too funny.
    I am impressed with your willpower. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete