Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 1

Day 1 -
So, here we are at the completion of the first day of this diet.  Fruit all day along with as much cabbage soup as I'd like.  I have to say, very manageable.  I hit the grocery store last night and made sure I got enough fruit to last me all day.  I pre-cut everything and that just made it so much easier.  Breakfast was no big deal and I even had a snack before lunch.  Lots of watermelon and strawberries.

Then came lunch time.  I wanted a sandwich with turkey and cheese.... I ate pineapple, more watermelon and more strawberries.  Being only day 1, it was easy to keep myself on track, but the desire to want something more substantial was strong.  But I mustered through it.  I think it helped that I was at work at there was no other food for me to try and consume.  Would I be as successful at home with a full fridge and pantry?  Hmmm.  Not part of this experiment so I'm not going to dwell on it.

Got home from work and decided that I would make the cabbage soup.  Holy onions!  Threw it all in the pot and let it steam away.  While waiting, I continued to eat more fruit; blueberries were quick and easy.  I am typically not a fan of cabbage soup, but I was actually looking forward to eating something other than fruit.  I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.  I enjoyed a bowl full of soup and polished off a few more strawberries as dessert.  All in all, a very successful first day.  I don't feel starved and actually look forward to trying all veggies tomorrow.

The soup is something I can eat everyday, and as much as I want, but I wonder just when that limit will be hit.  Cabbage soup every day for a week?  The thought is sickening.  We shall see.
xoxo - k.

No comments:

Post a Comment