Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 5

Last day of school, presenting to a staff of 45 on next year's teacher evaluation plan for 5 hours, attending a "official start to summer" cookout at a friend's house, and trying to stick to this diet - tomatoes and protein.  I thought for sure I'd cave today.  Surprisingly, I didn't.

Breakfast, I ate a tomato sprinkled with salt.  I was also a stress ball because my presentation was starting any minute.  Due to the concentration I had for the morning, it went by very quickly for me.  Lunch arrived and I devoured 2 pieces of grilled chicken and another tomato.  My husband got up in the morning and grilled me 4 pieces of chicken for the day.  (thanks, honey!)  They were so good!  I think that I hadn't had any form of protein in 4 days made me enjoy the cold piece of chicken as if it were my favorite food.  That also may be why I'm finding that this diet isn't very difficult at all.  Yes, there are restrictions and self-control but I simply plan what I am going to eat for the day and that's it.  Other foods aren't tempting me, they're just not.  Ok, so back to my day - I ate lunch by myself today because I needed to get ready for the second part of the presentation.  Again, I was so focused on that that the chicken and tomato were simply something I could grab easily and not really think about.

This is so not my picture. And I didn't use lemon.
I just needed something to represent the day! 
Finally, presentation was over and my summer vacation began!! I headed over to a friend's house for the end of the year party and brought my little lunch bag with me.  Inside - 2 more tomatoes and another piece of chicken.  I thought for sure I'd want to nibble on a cheese burger or a hot dog or some of my favorite macaroons.... oh macaroons, how I love you.  But again, I found I was easily able to walk away from it all.  I threw a tomato on the grill and ate that as a little snack.  It was yummy.  Then I hung out with friends, drank my water happily (though I would have loved a beer), and then grilled another tomato and heated up the last piece of chicken and ate dinner.  I was able to eat another 2-4 tomatoes and more protein if I wanted, but I wasn't really hungry. And no cabbage soup again!  So I left it at that.  Nothing fancy, nothing crazy and simply 2 more days to go.

The scale is showing about an 8 pound loss at this point and I can totally see it.  I've officially hit wedding weight and I'm a little less than 5 pounds away from pre-Gavin weight.  Day 6 looks to be easy - all the protein and veggies I want.  Maybe I'll switch it up and have some salmon.  Though the grilled eggplant was so tasty, I'd eat that again in a heartbeat.  Maybe both!

I think my big focus now isn't if I can do this diet, I obviously can.  My thoughts are already heading to how can I keep this off... I'm anticipating a 3-4 pound gain once I start eating "normally".  But hopefully I can keep the rest off.  I think that's the real challenge.

I've forgotten to mention that both today and yesterday, I did throw some exercise in there.  In the morning, a friend and I went for a walk around town.  Yesterday, we walked nearly five miles and today it was nearly six.  I felt a little sluggish yesterday, but today felt normal.  I'm sure the carbohydrates in the bananas helped that.

So here's to the next two day... may they be quick and easy. :-)

xoxo -k.

No comments:

Post a Comment