Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 3

So apparently, I have a steady following on this diet!  I've received several text messages, emails, Facebook posts and had discussions about this endeavor of mine.  So let's get started on what happened today....

Today was fruit and veggies all day - no bananas and no baked potato today.  Also, the goal is to stay away from starchy veggies.  With that said, I found today to be the easiest of the three days.  Fruit for breakfast and snacks.  For lunch I had some left over stir fry from last night with more hot sauce - I love hot sauce.  I didn't find myself hungry at all today.  However, today was one of the busiest days... it was the last day of school.  There was lots of packing, cleaning, and getting things dome around my classroom.  I didn't really give myself much time to stop and think about food.

I have to say that I am finding myself really showing some serious self control.  I bought donuts for the kids today as a special year-end treat and cut them all in half.  (No worries each kid ended up with a donut and a half, not just a half.)  Anyway, I ended up getting chocolate frosting on my fingers and usually after cutting everything up, I would totally lick my fingers or the knife.  Don't judge, you know you've done the same thing.  After cutting everything up and passing it all out, I washed my hands and the knife without sampling the delicious chocolate.  Now if you know me, that is NOT my M.O.  I think the sense of commitment is there because I know it's over in 4 more days.  I'm not saying I will be stuffing my face with chocolate come Monday, and throwing all this hard work down the toilet, but if there is a donut in the vicinity - I will be tasting the frosting.

Moving on in the day, I thought that I wanted to have a salad for dinner, but I was craving something warm.  I wanted to stay away from the cabbage soup, so I came up with these tasty treats... I cut think slices of eggplant and grilled them.  Then in the blender, I threw in a tomato, some salt and lemon juice and made a little sauce.  Next time, I will add some fresh basil.  I ate 2 of them like that.  I didn't make enough sauce so the next 4 "eggplant steaks" I added a slice of tomato and mmmmmm.  I would totally have this again with a side of spaghetti squash.
"eggplant steaks"
Energy-wise - not my best day.  I'm feeling a little sluggish.  Now this could be due to it being the last day of school, or that I'm stressing about giving the professional development at my school on Friday, or the fact that my throat is sore (I'm not getting sick, I'm not getting sick, I'm not getting sick). And once I got home, I had to start "cleaning" my house because the cleaning lady is coming tomorrow.  So I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  The logic in "cleaning" for the cleaning lady is prime subject matter for another blog.

Regardless of the kind of day I'm having, I have found that I feel in complete control of this experiment.  I've easily said no to food or snacks offered to me and I'm not really craving anything.  Tomorrow is bananas and milk.... hmmm.  I have some ideas to change it up a little and I'll go into them tomorrow.  We'll see how I feel about self-control tomorrow.  I also have a staff party at a friend's house on Friday... that is where temptation will throw it's best at me.

Stay tuned.

xoxo -k.

No comments:

Post a Comment