Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 2

Veggies, veggies and more veggies... So diving in head first in day 2, I'm feeling pretty good, lost a pound.  Am I sold?  Not yet.  I've done some serious prep work to get ready for today, and I am hoping that all the prep that I have done for days 1 and 2 will make it easier for tomorrow.  With that said... breakfast was tough.  Cucumbers with a little bit of salt.  Meh.  I was hungry within the hour.  But no big deal, I could it.  Now the beauty of this diet is that you can "eat all you want" but I wasn't really craving anything either. 

Yummy Squash Chips
I prepped an enormous salad for lunch, filled with my favorite stuff.  My fear was that I was going to miss having real dressing.  To my surprise, I squeezed half a lemon and added a little salt and I devoured it!  It was so tasty.  Now I'm not sure if lemon was something I could or could not add to this day, but hell, it was a lot better than adding anything else.  I'll take the gamble.  I also made these delicious squash chips... repinned from pintrest!  Simply slice the squash super thin (I used my mandolin), spread out on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and bake at 200*F for 2-3 hours.  I sprayed the pan first with Pam they wouldn't stick.  Freakin' delicious!  So delicious that when I made more to pack up for tomorrow, I noticed the bag was missing...

Found it in the living room...
Yup, he ate them all.

dinner...mmmmmmm
Dinner was a super yummy stir fry with a splash of hot sauce.  The best part of today was I never had to tap into the cabbage soup!  Which was a relief because I'm sure on day 4 I'm going to need a change from bananas and milk all day... not looking forward to that.  I never ate the baked potato either... never wanted it.  I baked it ahead of time in preparation for breakfast, but could do it.  Then, because dinner was so filling, didn't bother with it then either.

But so far, this seems very manageable.  It helps to know there is an end.  Only 5 days to go.  Tomorrow seems perfect - fruit and veggies all day.  Combining the two will make for lots of options.  I like options.

xoxo - k.




No comments:

Post a Comment