Saturday, February 19, 2011

Clubbin' It at Chuck E. Cheese

Decided that today was going to be a fun day with the kids.  Chris went on an ice fishing trip with some friends so I thought, I'm going out with the munchkins.  First we go to the library, then to lunch, round that out with a nice nap for all in the early afternoon.  (Yes, I still love a good nap.) So, to spend the remainder of the day, I'm thinking, "Let's hang out with some friends."  Perfect.  Chuck E. Cheese is the suggested destination.  I have never been to this pizza establishment with my children, but it must be harmless, right?

Riiiiight.  Here are a few "things you should know" for those wanting to head out to Chuck E. Cheese with the family...

1:  If you're looking for a nice quiet dinner... forget it.  My head is still ringing from the noise level.
2:  If you enjoy going to an establishment that throws birthday parties with lots of screaming kids, well then sign yourself up.  I swear there were 4 parties going on at the same time.  The staff was made to do some really pathetic dance moves and it was obvious they hated their jobs.
3:  If you're looking to expose your children to their first "stand in line for hours waiting to get into a nightclub," you have found a gem.  Luckily this did not happen to us when walking in, because I certainly would have marched right back to the car and informed Gavin that Chuck E. was caught in a mouse trap and couldn't play today.  Seriously.  There was a line that had formed and was at least 20 people deep.
4:  Plan to lose your child at least once during your stay.  I couldn't find Gavin when he crawled into the mouse house play-thing and another time when he decided to wander over to some game.
5:  Go with friends.  This makes the experience much more fun and there are more eyes to look for your lost child.  (please refer back to #4).

I have to admit that both kids had fun playing games and both ate their dinner.  Apparently, the crowd is not nearly as, let say lively, in the early afternoon.  Will I attempt to go and visit again?  Probably.  I'm a glutton for punishment.

xoxo -k.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it was fun....but not as much fun as it could have been if we could have actually moved in the place. We will have to hit it over our March break during a nice quiet afternoon :) Mikey and Gavin can run free....and our girls can waddle around with out getting run over by a 10 year old!

    ReplyDelete